- Name: Asia 2
- Material: Carbon/Epoxy
- Flag: Maltese
- Length: 14.99 M
- Beam: 4.19 M
- Depth: 2.9 M
German Frers 50 Custom
General information (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Brand/type : German Frers 50 Custom (Design 1138)
- Name : Asia 2
- Yard : Logos Composites S.A. (Switzerland) & Uggè Boatyard (IT)
- Designer : Frers Naval Architects
- Cabins : 3 Cabins / 6 sleeps
- Year : 2004
- Engine : Yanmar 75hp diesel
- Construction : Carbon/Epoxy
- Length o.a. : 14.99m
- Beam : 4.19m
- Draft : 2.90m
- Displacement : 10.200kg (empty)
- Ballast : 5.300kg
- Water (L) : 350L
- Diesel (L) : 300L
- Location : Gaeta, Italy
- Price : € 299.000,-
- VAT-status : VAT paid
- Flag : Maltese
- Owners : First owner
Remarks (German Frers 50 Custom)
German Frers drew the lines of this magnificent sloop. Winner of the “Millennium Yacht Design Award” for the interior design, Asia 2 is a real “full carbon” cruiser racer.
This creation obeys to a very clear design brief: a cruising yacht, fast like a pure racer and comfortable for four/six persons, suitable for long Mediterranean cruises, with short or no stops in marinas and a low level of maintenance.
A boat able to sail fast also in the lightest of the breezes, when others have to motor.
Hull (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Construction approval is CE Category A Ocean
- Carbon/epoxy sandwich with CORECELL foam of various densities. Wet lay-up technique, vacuum bagged and post-cured at 60°.
- The mast step, keel, rudder areas as well as stiffeners, chain plates, stringers and other areas of the hull are of single skin wet lay-up carbon/epoxy laminates, vacuum bagged and post-cured at 60 °.
- Crash box in the bow. Watertight bulkheads at bow and stern
- The hull is finished with lightweight epoxy filler, primed and painted with AWLGRIP products. Topsides are painted in AWLGRIP Snow White color. The hull is covered with antifouling. Boot top and water lines are AWLGRIP Medium Grey. Bottom is covered with JOTUN Nonstop Supreme white antifouling.
Keel (German Frers 50 Custom)
The fin is made in high strength machine milled spheroidal cast iron.
The torpedo is lead casting with 2,5% antimony and finished to accurate shape. Cast in keel bolts are of high-strength steel Aquamet 22.
Rudder (German Frers 50 Custom)
JP3 Foam filled rudder with carbon/epoxy stock. The rudder is supported by two self-aligning JP3 bearings.
Mast step (German Frers 50 Custom)
The mast is stepped through deck onto a carbon fiber mast step. The mast shoe is aluminum.
Chain plates are bonded to the hull with unidirectional carbon fibers and epoxy resin.
Deck (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Carbon/epoxy sandwich with CORECELL foam. Wet lay-up technique, vacuum bagged and post-cured at 60°, according to the specifications of the designers. Painted in AWLGRIP Snow White.
- Teak in cockpit and side decks.
- 30 mm high toe rails forward of mast
- Two custom made maple/mahogany steering wheels with JP3 carbon/epoxy steering pedestals with chain and double control lines
- Two removable carbon fiber steering footsteps in cockpit
- Main companionway is a solid carbon fiber frame bonded to the hull and deck. Hatch and drop board are made with tinted acrylic
- Stainless steel 25mm push pit, pulpit and stanchions
- 600mm high life lines
- Composite mast collar
- Removable pad eyes for harness attachment in cockpit
- Folding pad eyes for outboard sheeting and lifelines, Wichard 6505 (5 pieces)
- Harken aluminum jib and main sheet tracks
- Harken blocks
- Spinlock jammers
- Easy to disassemble and stow spray hood
- Lightweight carbon fiber gangway
- Large sun awning
- Complete Sunbrella boat cover for winter storage
Winches (German Frers 50 Custom)
- 2 x Primary winches HARKEN Racing ST53
- 2 x Main sheet winches HARKEN Racing ST45
- 2 x Halyards winches HARKEN Racing ST43
Interior (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Interiors are made with carbon/epoxy sandwich panels with foam core. Finishing is AWLGRIP Oyster White.
- Doors, tables and floorboards are veneered with light color striped teak.
- Doors and locker frames are of the highest quality solid light color teak. Topsides where visible are finished with AWGLRIP Oyster White paint.
- Removable overhead panels are vinyl covered and installed in all accommodation areas.
Owner’s cabin (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Double bed on centerline, with bookshelves and upper cabinetry on both sides.
- Double hanging locker on starboard side.
- Bulkheads are painted with AWGRIP Oyster White.
- Cabinets and bulkhead framing is solid light color teak. Huge storage compartment under the bed.
Guest cabins (German Frers 50 Custom)
- King size bed with outboard shelf
- Cabinetry on both sides
- Hanging locker on outboard side
Guest/service cabin (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Queen size bed with vinyl upholstery for easy cleaning and drying
- Storage locker for boat parts
- Cabinetry and hanging locker on outboard side
Heads (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Two heads
- Plans, panels and doors are carbon epoxy sandwich and coated with AWLGRIP Oyster White paint
- Frames and floorboard are teak
- Sinks are solid carbon
- Hot and cold water faucets
- Extensible shower
- Manual Jabsco toilets
- Shower sumps for collection and discharge of gray water
- Fresh water tap, shower, mirror and waste tank
Galley (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Light color finish lightweight laminate tabletops
- Gimballing stainless steel LPG Alpes Inox 3-burner stove
- Two refrigerated compartments 250 liters total
- Double stainless steel sink, water faucet, dish drainer compartment, automatic drainage system.
- Full height galley locker, cabinets and drawers
- Garbage bin
Main cabin (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Elliptical sofa with table can seat up to eight
- Removable seats
- TV set, Bluetooth radio/CD/DVD/MP3-player
- Concealed charts locker, bookcases storage lockers
Navigation station (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Starboard side facing chart table with seat
- Concealed chart stowage over bookshelf
- Electronics and electric controls recessed in panel above
- Electric panel and electronic instrumentation
- Drawers and lockers
Engine (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Yanmar diesel 4JH3TE 75hp@3800rpm with Sail-Drive SD50 in engine box
- Removable front part of engine box and service hatches on each side
- Engine control panel in cockpit
- Sail drive SD50 with 3-blade Max Prop feathering propeller
- 300L fuel in three stainless steel tanks
- Fire extinguishers
Plumbing system (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Composite sea cocks for all through hull fitting below waterline
- Jabsco manual Large Bowl toilets
- Sea water for toilet flushing
- Fresh water 350L in stainless steel tanks consisting of four interconnected compartments.
- 220L/h Tecnicomar watermaker
- Sea-water and fresh water spout with foot pump in galley
- Drainage system, Y-valve in forward head
- Pressurized hot and cold water, backup foot pump for fresh water
- Oras single lever mixing faucets
- Polythene holding tank 60L for forward toilet. Manual toilet discharging to holding tank. Tank emptied by hand pump or deck suction
- Bilge pumps, one manual and one electric
- Isotemp water heater 22L
- Jabsco Par Max 4 water pressure pump
- Johnson automatic sump pumps for showers in each toilet
- Nicro 24H, solar powered vents
- Jabsco Y-valve
- Engine space air inlet from transom, outlet with Jabsco blower to transom
- Deck showers with hot and cold water in cockpit and in bow locker
Electrical system (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Main switchboard 12v DC and 220v AC at chart table
- Battery capacity 420Ah (new AGM batteries 2016)
- Mobitronic 45A 200-12v charger
- Mobitronic 1500w inverter
- Mobitronic 350w inverter (for TV set and small electronics)
- 12v DC insulated return system for lighting and general service
- Flexible chart light at navigation station
- Shore power inlet 220v at transom and bow
- Red/green navigation Lopolight LED lights on pulpit
- White stern Lopolight LED light on push pit
- Lopolight LED deck and steam light on mast
- Lopolight LED anchor and auxiliary navigation lights at mast head
Instruments (German Frers 50 Custom)
- 2x Suunto D-135 compasses mounted on steering pedestals
- Raymarine ST290 navigation instruments
- Raymarine ST7000 Gyro auto-pilot
- 4 x 20/10 Multi-Function Displays (MFD) on mast
- 1 MFD at chart table, 1 MFD in owner’s cabin
- Raymarine DSC VHF at chart table
- Raymarine chart plotter at chart table
- Pioneer sound system with CD/DVD/MP3 Bluetooth-player
- 22″ Sharp LCD TV set
- TV digital antenna dome on spreader
- EPIRB 406 MHz GME MT403 GPS (2017)
Rigging (German Frers 50 Custom)
- Nordic Mast Carbon fibre double spreader 15/16 fractional rig, swept 20 degrees
- King Compositescarbon-fiber park avenue main boom
- BSI rod rigging with discontinuous shrouds
- Mechanical boom vang
- Hydraulic backstay adjustment, with control panel on port side in cockpit
- Removable hydraulic mast jack
- Forestay with Facnor Custom one piece carbon fiber foil with under deck recessed furler.
- 2nd forestay with Tuff Luff
Sails (German Frers 50 Custom)
- 1 x BE1 cruising mainsail in dyneema/carbon, year 2012, very well maintained
- 1 x HL Millenium racing mainsail in kevlar/carbon, year 2013, very little used
- 1 x BE1 Cruising Code-0 in polyester/carbon, year 2013, on Ubi maior furler
- 1 x BE1 Cruising Code-01 in dyneema/carbon, year 2019, new
- 1 x BE1 Cruising Code-02 in dyneema/carbon, year 2018, as new
- 1 x Halsey Lidgard Code-03 in dyneema, year 2008, very little used
- 1 x HL Millenium racing genoa light in kevlar/carbon, year 2013, very little used
- 1 x HL Millenium racing genoa medium in kevlar/carbon, year 2013, good shape
- 1 x BE1 fractional spinnaker 0.75oz in nylon, year 2015, asymmetrical with sock
- 1 x Halsey Lidgard masthead spinnaker 0.75oz in nylon, year 2015, only used once
- 1 x Halsey Lidgard windseeker in polyester, year 2015, only used once
The particulars detailed herein are intended to give a fair description of the vessel but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. These particulars are not part of any contract or offer and are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations shall be through PJ-Yachting who is acting as broker only.
The prospective purchaser is recommended to check the particulars and, where appropriate (and at his own expense) to employ a qualified surveyor/engineer to carry out structural and/or mechanical and electrical surveys.